Thursday, February 23, 2012

1963 Pontiac

1963 Pontiac
General Motors
C L I C K     T O     E N L A R G E


For a number of years Pontiac's theme was Wide Track Excitement.  It cost a bit more than your Chevy or Ford but it suggested in return you gained more than a splendid car, you personally became more attractive and alluring.  Driving a car of this magnitude infused you with a spirit of adventure that might not otherwise have been there.
Picture:  4288 x 2848 at 300 dpi - Social Wallpapering



The narrative is romance and carefree getaways, not catastrophic injury, paralysis and death.  If you're the nervous type you can track down someone to install these tangled straps.  Leave it to government to interfere with free enterprise and stifle personal liberty by mandating safety features no one will use anyway.  Personally, I prefer being thrown from the car if I'm in a wreck.  
Picture:  640 x 480 - High Performance Pontiac




I'd think a civilization that produces this for mass market family transportation is feeling pretty confident about itself.  Every September Detroit introduces its new look for the coming year.  Some model's have small changes, others dramatic.  Even a passing interest in changing fashion tips you off to how many years your neighbor has held on to his car.  Sometimes it takes a friend to let him know fins went out with bow ties.
Picture:  1210 x 850 - Hans Tore Tangerud 



Some people dare to have great dreams, others strive to build personal empires and a few succeed in making changes to the basic nature of society itself.  I'd like to watch all of that on a color TV, drive a fabulous car never too old to lose that new car smell and have a beautiful wife to love and admire everything I do.
Picture:  1600 x 1200 - Auto Photo Site



It's just so hard to decide.  I really like the Bonneville with the Cortes Bronze.  Sitting in the driveway it will go great with my oriental landscaping.  But I can't get the Parisienne with Renaissance Burgundy out of my mind.  Of course, I'd have to buy a whole new wardrobe but, honestly,  that's a good thing... what with all the changes I've made recently improving my self image.
Picture:  400 x 512 - Ad Classix


This is why I didn't want the kids chewing gum in the car.  Having it stuck to the seat is bad enough but then Deborah sat on it with her new chiffon dress.  Even the dry cleaner couldn't get it out.  Of course, we wound up missing the party.  You know how her going crazy effects my nerves.  I dropped the Crown Royale and it scattered everywhere to kingdom come.  I can't take anymore weekends like this.
Picture:  640 x 426 - Second Chance Garage



We settled on the Safari because Deb's parents like outings with the kids and Ed Veling worked us a sweet deal on the wagon.  I have to tell you I wasn't crazy about trading in the Impala for something that seats eight but it actually doesn't drive half bad.  I can't decide who's better in the third row, the grandparents or the kids.
Picture:  1600 x 1200 - High Performance Pontiac
  


I remember the Tempest being a cute little economy car, then Ronnie comes home with this jacked up death machine.  Finally I said, you find a way to buy your own insurance or you can hand me the keys.  I've gotten used to driving it to work and I don't want to give it up.
Picture:  640 x 480 - Hot Rod  




No comments:

Post a Comment